How to Read This Income Report
Every month, we will be sharing our blog’s income in posts like this one. We do this to motivate and inform you. If you’re ready to start a blog of your own, click here and follow the steps to get started.
These reports will include money earned and expenses from the given month. Some affiliate income gets adjusted due to returns, but usually by the end of the month, it’s been worked out. We also take the difference out of the next month’s affiliate income on the next report.
Also, the number you see in the title is our take-home amount after expenses. As opposed to the inflated, before expenses number that 98% of bloggers who do income reports post. Please also note that none of this money is taxed yet. We make monthly payments to the IRS based on our income and tax projections and recommend all bloggers making thousands per month do the same.
Important Happenings This Month
I wrote a post revealing that our son has autism. This turned out to be another example of why I love blogging and the community that goes with it. The supportive comments and messages were overwhelming. Now, I can use this platform to help other parents feel like they’re not alone in their struggles.
We did exactly zero sponsored Instagram posts and zero sponsored blog posts during the entire month. Frankly, we were just so damn busy, we didn’t have time for it. My very good friend got married and I was in the wedding, so that took a LOT of my free time. And I loved every second of it! Again, flexibility is amazing. We knew the “busy season” of blogging was coming, so we weren’t too stressed out about it. We fully expect November and December to be $20k+ months.
The links below are affiliate links. When you click them and make a purchase, we earn money. Thank you so much for all of your support!
LIFESTYLE BLOGGING REVENUE
- Sponsored Instagram posts – $0
- Retail affiliate income (Nordstrom, Shopbop, Macy’s and other affiliates. We love VigLink) – $10982.72
- Amazon affiliate income – $1093.93
- Sponsored blog posts – $0
REVENUE EARNED FROM BLOGGING CONTENT
- HostGator (start a blog today!) – $2875
- Studiopress – $171.42
- PicMonkey – $2.00
- Aweber – $13.30
Total Revenue – $15,138.37
- KnownHost – We started with HostGator, but outgrew them after a few years. $55
- Aweber– the best email service for creating, building and managing email lists! – $29
- Social Media Advertising – $3583.46
- Giveaway prizes (this falls under our marketing budget) – $80
- PicMonkey – the best online image creation and editing software – $5.00
- Long Tail Pro – keyword research software that helps us show up better in Google. $25
- Optin Monster – create beautiful optin forms to collect email addresses – $9
- US Global Mail – online PO Box to use with our email service so we don’t have to use our personal address – $10
Total Expenses – $3796.46
TOTAL PROFIT – $11,341.91
Another great month! Total income was down a bit, but that is to be expected when we are putting in much less hours. Our per hour rate was probably right on par with our previous 2 months and that’s fine with us! Balance is key!
If you’re feeling motivated after reading this income report, head over here to get your blog started right away!