Chances are you’ve found this post because you need some help in deciding what to blog about. Well, you’re in the right place! Not only will we discuss popular blog niches, we’ll find out ways you can make money in each area!
See 50+ ways to make money blogging, all of which can be used on basically any niche. Plus, as an additional resource, we’ve created this list of 40 blog post ideas that can really lead to hundreds of blog posts.
Similar to my blog post ideas, the monetization ideas below can be used on a regular basis. While each list is about 5 items long, you can repeatedly do them on your blog and regularly earn money by doing them.
Perhaps the most general, and most common type of blog is a lifestyle blog. This is what we have and it works great! If I want to talk about my kids, that fits. If I want to talk about what I eat, that fits too! My favorite clothes? Fits!
Having a lifestyle blog means you have a TON of avenues to make money. Some ways you can make money are:
- Use affiliate links whenever you write about products you love.
- Purchase new products and create comprehensive product reviews about them. Promote those posts to drive traffic to them and your affiliate links. People are much more inclined to purchase after reading a full review.
- Seek paid promotional opportunities from companies who you love. Many companies will pay you to talk about their product and share it with your audience.
- Use your blog in conjunction with your social accounts to build an audience. Join networks that find paid opportunities for you. (several listed here)
A Beauty blog will give you a ton of opportunities to link to products. “Beauty Faves” and product reviews posts are so common in this industry and you can start creating income generating posts fairly quickly here!
- Use affiliate links anytime you mention products (which will be a LOT)
- Regularly post “favorites” or “new release” product posts suing affiliate links
- Write reviews of beauty products
- Partner with beauty brands on sponsored/social media posts
Food blogs are great because chances are, if you’re interested in starting one- you not only already cook, but you do it well and probably even photograph your creations. Now, you just have to apply those things to a blog and you’ll be on your way!
- Use Amazon affiliate links to any ingredients that are available there.
- Use affiliate links to highlight any kitchen tools and appliances that you use.
- Write a product review of a kitchen appliance/tool
- Partner with food brands on a sponsored recipe post
- Create a recipe ebook and sell it
- Write about your favorite products and link to them every time you do
- Partner with workout plans to earn money promoting new members/purchases
- Create your own fitness plan and sell it
- Use affiliate links when talking about your favorite foods/protein powders
- Recycle your content on teacherspayteachers.com
- Use affiliate links when talking about any products
- Create projects with the sole purpose of generating affiliate link sales
- Create an ebook of lesson plans/ideas and sell it
- Partner with education product or software companies on sponsored posts
- Talk about your favorite credit cards and use high-commission affiliate links to them
- Use affiliate links when talking about any money-related products
- Share top sales and deals using affiliate links
- Create an ebook of with tips, worksheets, etc. and sell it
- Partner with finance/budget software companies on sponsored posts
Personal Development Blog
Perhaps the most rare of this list, but one with a very high ceiling. The monetization options are a bit limited, but if you can capitalize on selling a course, mentorship or ebook, you could make a LOT of money.
- Use affiliate links to highlight any applicable tools that you use.
- Write a review of a personal development program you’ve experienced
- Link (using affiliate links) to your favorite personal development resources
- Create an ebook or course and sell it
These are just a few niches out there. You can also just abandon all direction and write about whatever comes to your mind. After a while, you’ll figure out which topics you are most knowledgeable and what you want to write about more than anything else.
If you are ready to choose your domain name, head here and skip to step 2!
Leave a Reply