How to Read This Income Report
Every month, we share our blog’s income in posts like this one. We do this to motivate and inform you. If you’re ready to start a blog of your own, click here and follow the steps to get started.
These reports will include money earned and expenses from the given month. Some affiliate income gets adjusted due to returns and we factor in a 10% loss for that in these reports. We also take the difference out of the next month’s affiliate income on the next report.
Also, the number you see in the title is our take-home amount after expenses. Most income reports you see with a big number in the title is a number that comes before expenses. We feel this is misleading, so we don’t do that. Please also note that none of this money is taxed yet. We make monthly payments to the IRS based on our income and tax projections and recommend all bloggers making thousands per month do the same.
Important Happenings This Month
This was a busy month for us outside of the blog. We MOVED! Talk about one of the most time consuming things to do! We tried not to let it take away from work time too much, but it definitely happened. Nights where we would normally be doing blog stuff turned into moving, unpacking and setting up our new home.
Sponsored content continued to come in, so that provided a nice boost to our income. We didn’t have as much time to read and react to affiliate reports, so that suffered a bit, but we’ll pick it back up. Because of that, we made around $5,000 less in April compared to March.
Our goal is May is to average $1,000/day in profit, which would mean a net earnings gain of over $10,000 more than this month! Here’s hoping!
The links below are affiliate links. When you click them and make a purchase, we earn money. Thank you so much for all of your support!
LIFESTYLE BLOGGING REVENUE
- Sponsored Instagram posts – $750
- Retail affiliate income (Nordstrom, Shopbop, Macy’s and other affiliates. We love VigLink for beginners) – $13,606.56
- Amazon affiliate income – $672.71
- Sponsored blog posts – $2,700
REVENUE EARNED FROM BLOGGING CONTENT
Total Revenue – $26,440.87
- KnownHost – We started with HostGator, but outgrew them after a few years. $55
- Aweber– the best email service for creating, building and managing email lists! – $29
- Social Media Advertising – $6661.33
- Developer Costs – $100
- Giveaway prizes (this falls under our marketing budget) – $0
- PicMonkey – the best online image creation and editing software – $5.00
- Long Tail Pro – keyword research software that helps us show up better in Google. $25
- Optin Monster – create beautiful optin forms to collect email addresses – $9
- US Global Mail – online PO Box to use with our email service so we don’t have to use our personal address – $10
Total Expenses – $6894.33
TOTAL PROFIT – $19,546.54
Earnings were down this month, but factor in a MAJOR life event like closing on and moving into a new home, I’d say we still had a pretty solid month. That said, it’s motivating to get things back into gear next month!
If you’re feeling motivated after reading this income report, head over here to get your blog started right away!